In the Loop Editor
Graduation time is here at last;
It got here, oh, so very fast!
Your high school days have come and gone.
The stories would make a good country song…
You'll all go off on your separate ways
in just a matter of a few short days.
Some to college or to protect our land;
time's slipped away like hourglass sand.
To all the Seniors who walk this day,
may all your dreams come true, I pray.
To the Class of 2018 - the possibilities for your future are endless. You made it! Graduation is a tremendous accomplishment. Not only have you followed a plan through to fruition, you have met a huge goal that will help you soar to the next level. As you take that final walk across the field at Charger Stadium, reflect on the years you have spent in the Grenada School District. There will be times you will remember for the rest of your life and times you wish you could forget! Each of these events has helped mold and shape your life thus far. As you move ahead towards adulthood, new experiences will transform you even further.
Use what you have learned from your parents and teachers to make wise decisions. The choices you make now will affect the rest of your life. Choose to plan for the future. Choose to do your best. Choose to make the most of every moment. The future can either be amazing or daunting, it's up to you.
Graduation exercises for Grenada High School take place this Friday, May 25, 2018, at Grenada Charger Stadium. Important things to remember for graduation are:
• Gates open at 5:30p.m.
• Handicapped seating will be available on both sides of the stadium.
• You cannot access seating on the Visitor's side from the track. If you want to sit on the Visitor's side, you must enter through the Visitor's gate on that side.
• Graduation starts promptly at 7:00p.m. Gates will close at 7:00p.m.
• RAIN DATE: Saturday, May 26, 2018. Depending on the forecast, ceremony will be held at either 10:00a.m. or 7:00p.m. OR If rain prohibits the outdoor ceremony, commencement exercises will be held at the Grenada High School auditorium Saturday, May 26 as follows:
10:00a.m. (last namesA-K)
1:00p.m. (last names L-Z)
• Please keep in mind the following as we show our graduating Class of 2018 the respect that they deserve:
Grenada School District security personnel, Police Department, and Sheriff's Department will be stationed throughout the audience with instructions to remove and issue a court citation to any individual who through their behavior and disruptive conduct detract from the dignity and solemn atmosphere of these graduation ceremonies. Every parent has the right to hear their child's name called without noise and disruption being a part of this ceremony. You are requested to hold your applause until all graduates have received their diplomas.
The Grenada School District thanks everyone for following these guidelines and for supporting the students of our school district. Please join us as we congratulate the Class of 2018! That tassel? It WAS worth the hassle!