In the Loop Editor
Family, Fans, and Football
The Grenada High School Chargers' first home game kicks off this weekend at 7:00p.m. Gates will open at 6:00p.m. Tickets are $6.00 at the gate.
The Chargers begin their slate of home games coming off last year's winning season where they advanced to the second round of playoffs. Expectations are high this year for another victorious season. Twenty-one senior players lead the roster this year, and coaches anticipate the experience and maturity of these seniors to bring the Chargers to an elevated level of play. Senior team members include: Kevarus Brown (WR), Tre Armstrong (FB/LB), Odextrius Curry (OLB), Chris Avery (FS), Jameel Holder (OLB), Demarcus Archer (DB), Trey Townes (TE), J.J. Russell (OLB), Isiah Triplett (OLB), Trey Washington (DL), Nehemiah Bounds (DB), John Edgett (CB), Kyree Hemphill (DE), Brent Smith (DT), Petey Swearengen (OL), Shedkeytrick Ross (OL), Zack Miers (OL), Tyreese Herrod (DT), Jastevan Mcclain (DT), Cortavious Love (OL), and Shaquille Chamberlain (DB).
The 2016-2017 Charger football coaching staff includes:
• Head Coach – Ashley Kuhn
• Special Teams Coordinator/Outside Linebackers – Danny Aldridge
• Offensive Line (Centers and Guards) – Colin Ray
• Offensive Line (Tackles and Tight Ends) – Jesse Ward
• Running Backs – Cameron Tawater
• Defensive Coordinator – Chip Foster
• Defensive Line – Chad Griffin
• Defensive Backs – Sinatra Armstrong
• Offensive Assistant – Kendrick Conley
• Wide Receivers – Wade Tackett
The Grenada School District reminds all fans that rules of the Mississippi High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) are enforced at all events in our district. Other important rules to keep in mind are:
• No outside food or drink may be brought into the stadium
• No profane or abusive language allowed
• No weapons
• Fighting, disruptive behaviors or other violent acts will not be tolerated
• No one under the influence of alcohol or drugs allowed
• No access to the Visitors' side from the Home side of the stadium
• The GHS Charger Stadium is a tobacco-free zone – no smoking, dipping or chewing allowed.
These rules are in place to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all GHS Charger Football fans. Thank you for abiding by them.
Ticket booths are in place on both sides of the stadium. Ticket holders will be allowed in the gates on both sides. Pass holders (state or district, season pass, or reserved seating) must enter through the designated Pass Gate located near the Sideline Shop on the Home side. Visitors with passes may enter on the Visitors side.
Come out Friday evening and join your family, friends, and fellow football fans as the GHS Chargers take on the Greenwood Bulldogs. Go Chargers!