2015 GMS Beauty ReviewA total of 93 young ladies and 10 young men from the Grenada School District recently participated in a colossal, mega-day of pageantry in the Grenada High School Auditorium. These beauties and beaus competed for titles and tiaras in the annual Miss Spirit pageant and Grenada Middle School Beauty Reviews.
The events, which began at 11:00 a.m. and continued into the evening, showcased students in grades kindergarten through eighth grade. Competitors in grades K-5 participated in the Miss Spirit pageant where they vied for the titles of Mini Miss Spirit (k-1), Little Miss Spirit (2-3), and Junior Miss Spirit (4-5). Grenada Middle School students in grades 6-8 competed in separate, grade-level pageants.
Can you imagine the work that went into the production of not one, but six, separate pageants in one day? This amazing event was coordinated by Mrs. Rene Branson, an instructor at Grenada Middle School. Sponsored by the GHS Freshmen Cheerleaders, the Little Miss Spirit pageant kicked off the day’s festivities. Special thanks to all the freshmen parents and cheerleaders who assisted with the pageant! Proceeds from Little Miss Spirit will help purchase new equipment for the cheerleaders. The three separate Grenada Middle School Beauty Reviews were sponsored by the Grenada Middle School Cheerleaders. Proceeds from these pageants will help purchase new mats and uniforms for the cheerleaders. A big thank you to Universal Trophies and Awards and Pap’s restaurant for their assistance with awards and food for the judges.
Twelve total contestants competed for the title of Mini Miss Spirit. Winners were:
- Most Photogenic – Halle Grace Holcomb
- Audience Choice – Gabrielle Moore
- 3rd Alternate – Mary Taylour Wilbourn
- 2nd Alternate – Lacey Elizabeth Robinson
- 1st Alternate – Charlee Williams
- 2015 Mini Miss Spirit – Lana Yopp Seventeen total contestants made up the field in the Little Miss Spirit pageant division. Winners were:
- Most Photogenic – Leah Briscoe
- Audience Choice – Caitlyn Avery
- 3rd Alternate – Joeley Anne Beckwith
- 2nd Alternate – Sadie Rose Williams
- 1st Alternate – Chloe Williams
- 2015 Little Miss Spirit – Daisjah Brown
- Most Photogenic – Meredith Meriwether
- Audience Choice – Hilary Beckwith
- 3rd Alternate – Gracie Holeman
- 2nd Alternate – Hilary Rose Beckwith
- 1st Alternate – Kate Blankenship
- 2015 Junior Miss Spirit – Meredith Meriwether
- Audience Choice Most Handsome – John Payton Moore
- 2015 6th Grade Most Handsome – Jacob Habig
- Miss Congeniality – Blake Sides
- Most Photogenic – Jayden Phillips
- Audience Choice Most Beautiful– Madison Bishop
- Top Ten Beauties: Hannah Elizabeth Beckwith, Madison Bishop, Hannah LaRose Briscoe, Gabby Dawkins, 2015 6th Grade Most Beautiful; Layney Elyssa Goss, Lindsey Ingram, Hallie Marie Kerr, 1st Alternate; Jaden Phillips, 3rd Alternate; Blake Sides, 2nd Alternate; and Emily Grace Tillman, 4th Alternate.
- Audience Choice Most Handsome – Dillon Hendrick
- 2015 7th Grade Most Handsome – Brandon Lott
- Miss Congeniality – Mia Parker, Reagan Wooldridge (tie)
- Most Photogenic – Jaslyn Forrest
- Audience Choice Most Beautiful – Shaunna George
- Top Eight Beauties – Jaslyn Forrest, Taylor Ryan Harrell, 1st Alternate; Anna Hurd, 2nd Alternate; Jada Ivy, Mia Parker, 4th Alternate; Kara Smith, Paisley Trusty, 3rd Alternate; Abby Williams, 2015 7th Grade Most Beautiful
- 2015 8th Grade Most Handsome – Zack Braswell
- Miss Congeniality/Most Photogenic – Presley Caldwell
- Audience Choice Most Beautiful – Melissa Wiggins
- Top 8 Beauties – Morgan Banks, 1st Alternate; Presley Caldwell, 2015 8th Grade Most Beautiful; Mackenzie Cummins, Kayla Horne, 2nd Alternate; Anna Kuhn, 3rd Alternate; Anna Gray Neely; Rayna Thornton, 4th Alternate; and Caitlyn Zangri
Congratulations to all the winners!
In the Loop Editor